AmazonUPC 6 91852 74714 6
Pi-BB is a powered half-size breadboard ideal for Raspberry Pi™, and compatible with Arduino & other development boards. Use with a Raspberry Pi or standalone for prototyping work. 300 connection points make it convenient to attach any peripheral and access 3.3V as well as 5V from the Raspberry Pi.
Back to the Top
Pi-BB offers the following features:
- Half size breadboard offering 30 columns x 10 rows or a total of 300 points. Five connection points are available for each column, with a total of 60 columns, making it convenient to attach any peripheral.
- Provides access to 3.3V as well as 5V from the Raspberry Pi.
- Includes a Raspberry Pi header as well as connections as a mirrored header. The 40-pin Raspberry Pi header is soldered on to the Pi-BB board. This allows Pi-BB to be connected to a Raspberry Pi as a HAT. Mirrored Raspberry Pi header allows access to all pins and GPIO’s on the Raspberry Pi.
- USB Power-In – Power the Raspberry Pi and the peripherals from a single USB in Port. Optionally, power only the electronics on the board but not the Pi. Continue to power the Pi from the Power port built in on the Pi. Note – the 3.3V power is still tapped from the Pi. 5V power is provided from the USB port.
- Use the Raspberry Pi Power – use the power from the Raspberry Pi for the 3.3V bus as well as 5V power.
- Provides 3.3V as well as 5V bus from the Raspberry Pi – makes it easy to access the appropriate power for I2C, SPI or other connections.
- Standard 0.1 inch or 2.54mm spacing – makes it convenient to attach resistors, diodes, Integrated Circuits, Circuit holders, breakout boards etc.
- Dual layer – solder on top layer or bottom layer. Makes adding components easy.
- LED indicator is on when power is on. LED can be turned off using the LED jumper on the board. Jumper shunt-in turns on the LED. When the shunt is removed, LED is turned off.
- Same dimensions as a Raspberry Pi. Mounting hole matches HAT specifications, allowing Pi-BB to be mounted securely on top of the Pi.
Use with a Raspberry Pi or standalone for prototyping work. For stand alone, only 5V is available. 3.3V power is drawn from Raspberry Pi, Pin #1.
A comparison of the Pi-BB and a half-size breadboard is shown below.
|Number of connections||30 x 10||30 x 10|
|Power bus||5V & Gnd as well as 3.3V & Gnd – power provided by Pi or provided via USB to Pi and the electronics on Pi-BB||Two sets – provide your own power $$|
|Connection||40 pin header soldered on board||Provide your own – $$|
|Mounting||HAT compatible, 4 mounting holes||None – $$|
|LED||On board indicating power available from board||None – $$|
|Power the Pi||Optional – can draw power from Pi or can power pi and electronics||None – $$|
|Connection Points||Can be soldered – providing mechanical stability.
Alternately, connect using jumpers (needs single row headers soldered on) $$
|Jumpers ONLY – falls off easily|
|Access to headers||Headers accessed via 40 pin header pin as well as mirrored pi-header all header pins are accessible||None – provide your own $$|
|Solder||Dual layer – makes solder easy from top or bottom||None.|
|Applications||Ideally suited for use with Raspberry Pi or Pi-clones – can also be used for general prototyping with 40 pin cable. Connect points are Arduino compatible.||Ideal for quick prototyping. Connect points are Arduino compatible.|
Back to the Top
The following peripherals are recommended.
PiZ-UpTime: UPS for a Pi using one Li-Ion 14500 battery, ideal for Pi Zero. UPS 5V via header or USB Power out. A micro-USB to micro-USB cable is provided for Pi Zeros which do not have the header installed.
Pi-UpTimeUPS: UPS for Pi-2 or Pi-3 using one/two 18650 batteries. Provides UPS 3.3V and 5V. Includes reset switch and provision for external reset switch. Pi-BB: Bread board with 300 connect points. Use this board to add other breakout boards with the Pi.
Pi-BB-RPS: Dual DC RPS-power breadboard, including 7-24V and USB power. 5V and 3.3V generated on board. Dual power provides Redundant Power Supply (RPS). Combine RPS with UPS power by connecting the Power out port on the Pi-BB-RPS to the power in port on Pi-UpTimeUPS. Also use the bread board for connecting other breakout ports. Use available 7V to 24V power to power the whole system. Use the over 240 connection points with breakout boards such as a Real-Time-Clock for off-grid uses.
Pi-BB: Bread board with 300 connect points. Power Pi and electronics. 5V and 3.3V Power bus is provided. Use the over 300 connection points with breakout boards such as a Real-Time-Clock for off-grid uses.
Pi-16ADC for 16 bit, 16 channel Analog to digital converter board for attaching analog sensors or monitoring other capabilities on the Raspberry Pi.
Pi-EzConnect: Secure GPIO connections for Pi-2 and Pi-3.
PiZ-EzConnect: Secure GPIO connections for Pi Zero. Can also be used with Pi-2 and Pi-3. Small compact Pi Zero format.
PiZ-EzConnect KIT: Build your own connector for Pi Zero or Pi-2, Pi-3 using PiZ-EzConnect board. Soldering required.
Back to the Top
Pi Models Supported
By default, we ship the larger, 40 pin connectors which works with the Raspberry Pi+ (models A+, B+, Pi-2 and Pi-3, and other vendors adhering to the HAT standard). Pi-Zero is also supported, as long as a 40 pin header is soldered onto the Pi-Zero. The mounting holes for the standoff for Pi-zero are such that only two standoffs can be connected.
Older models of the Raspberry Pi with a 26 pin header are not supported